Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Advice as Justification for a Shitty Idea

Sometimes when I'm bored, I like to frequent an advice subforum on a humor website.  It's kind of like Jerry Springer - it's completely pointless and classless and generally just makes me feel better about being me rather than some toothless granny who's been sleeping with her nephew AND his stripper girlfriend.

Some of the questions are legitimate problems, and the shitheads who roll into the thread to mock them are generally counterbalanced by people giving legitimate advice.  But a lot of the questions end up being people trying to have a bad idea justified.

Like "nobody in my family likes my girlfriend.  We want to get married.  Also she is a recent widow 10 years older than me and already has a kid and wants another right away and we've been dating for about a year.  and I'm going to live on an oil rig 3 weeks at a time."

Or "this girl keeps flirting with me but she has a long-distance boyfriend but I really wanna fuck her but she won't let me.  how do I talk her into letting me fingerbang her?"

These are both 10-second summaries of actual threads from the last couple weeks.  And the posters are trying to defend their shitty life choices as if they're not really a choice - like guy 1 HAS to marry his older widow girlfriend and guy 2 could only ever fuck this girl and not some other girl who isn't in a committed relationship.

REALLY?

Sometimes, it's hard to know whether I want to *headdesk* or slam THEIR heads into their desks.  Little column A, I guess, mostly column B.  Although head trauma probably isn't going to be extremely helpful to somebody who's already pretty stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment